Conferences, Seminars and Programs
Basic information literacy competencies and lifelong learning skills in the present information network era are the prime agenda and concern of the Library. Many need based training programs, Workshops, Conferences, Seminars, Special lectures were organized for the benefit of Students, Teachers and Library and Information Science professionals.
- ICT skills, e-learning resource management, Web resources Orientation and Sensitization programs organized at the beginning of every academic for the students. Over 4,500 students were trained during 2010, 2011 & 2012.
- ICT & Information Universe – Training program for College Librarians and PU College Librarians in Karnataka for five days supported by Collegiate of Education, Government of Karnataka and about 500+ librarians were trained during 2009-2010.
- ICT skills, e-learning resource management, Web resources Orientation and Sensitization programs organized at the beginning of every academic for the students. Over 4,500 students were trained during 2008.
- Workshop on ICT skills and E-Resources Management in Libraries towards Excellence in Education and Research, November 24-25, 2008. [Librarians of Colleges -80].
- Workshop on Exploring ICTs and Information Resources in Libraries for improved Teaching and Learning, November 27, 2008 [Principals, Management and Library Professionals of PU Composite Jr. Colleges and High Schools in Hyderabad Karnataka Region-60].
- Workshop on E-Learning, Teaching and Research: Exploring ICTs, UGC INFONET and e-Information Resources, December 2-3, 2008 [Faculty handling PG Courses in Colleges - 70].
- Associated with Workshop on e-Governance Initiatives and Policies in Education, December 19-20, 2008 on ICT Skills and e-Resource Management in Education.
- Workshop on Higher Education opportunities in American, British and Australian institutions organized in association with i20Fever.com, Hyderabad, August 2008 (120 Research Scholars).
- Research Communication and Information Training Programs (two) for Research Scholars May 2-7, 2008 and May 12 -16, 2008. (220 Scholars)
- SAP for TIFP Sensitization cum Awareness Technology Information Facilitation Program in association with DSIR, New Delhi, November 17, 2007 (140 Faculty, Librarians and Research Scholars).
- 4th International Conference CALIBER - 2006 on Dynamic Interoperable Web Based Information Systems, February 2-4, 2006. (540 delegates)
- Workshop on Higher Education and Research opportunities in American Universities organized in association with USIS, American Embassy, Chennai, 2006. (300 Students/Research Scholars).
- IRTPLA of INFLIBNET on Library Automation. 2001.
- Many endowment Lectures, Special Lectures, Workshops on ICTs and e-resources management in education.
Capacity Building & Human Resource Development
Capacity building and skills up-gradation to develop competent and well trained Library staff to take the challenges of the technological developments were addressed. Staff was encouraged to pursue higher studies (PhD) and participate in various national and international Conferences, Workshops and Training programs in India and abroad.
Few programs the professional staff was deputed for advanced training/participation in Conferences in the lead institutions outside India.
- University of East London and London School of Economics and published article @ Sheffield University, UK during April 2013 (Dr Suresh Jange, Deputy Librarian)
- International Conference on Knowledge Management & Resource Sharing organized by Waljat College of Applied Sciences from 27th - 28th February 2012, Muscat, Oman and then visited RAK Medical and Health Sciences University, Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emeritus to setup Digital Library and facilitate Remote Access facility, March 2012 (Dr Suresh Jange, Deputy Librarian).
- Member of delegation during December 2011 for International collaboration and signing IMOU with Colorado State University, Fort Collins, USA to establish International Institute for Food Energy and Water Security at Gulbarga University (Dr R.B. Gaddagimath, University Librarian).
- Victoria University, Wellington, New Zealand Advanced Learning Training under IFLA-ALP Fellowship, 2007. (Dr. Suresh Jange, Assistant Librarian)
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore Asia-Pacific Conference on Library & Information Education and Practice (ALIEP) and Visited National Public Library, National Library Kaulalampur, Malaysia and Academic Libraries in Sri Lanka, 2006. (Dr. Amrut Sherikar, Deputy Librarian and Dr. Suresh Jange, Assistant Librarian)
- WMSCI - 2007 4th International Symposium on RMCI, Florida, USA, and visited Univ. of Florida, (Sri. Parusharam Kattimani, Assistant Librarian).
- ASIST Conference, Texas, USA, and visited Public Library, Chicago, University of Dallas, Texas, University of Medial Sciences, Arkansas, New York Public Library and Universities in New York, and one week training at Syracuse University, 2006. (Dr. Amrut Sherikar, Deputy Librarian).
- S.R. University, Ezemer, Turkey, and visits to National University, Bulgeria, and National Library, Thailand, Nanyang National University, Singapore, 2005 (Dr. G.Z.Shinde, Deputy Librarian).
- University of Tokyo, Cobe, Japan and visit to University of Malaysia, Dec. 2005) (Dr. G.Z.Shinde, Deputy Librarian).
- Karolinska University, Stockholm, Sweden 10th International Conference of the International Society for Scientometrics and Informatics (ISSI), 2005. Dr. Suresh Jange, Assistant Librarian).
- SAARC Countries Training Program for Librarians, 2001. (Dr. S.B.Patil, Deputy Librarian).
- Tribhuvan University Library and British Library, Nepal, 2001 ((Dr. Amrut Sherikar, Deputy Librarian).
- University of Teesside, Middlesbrough, UK, 2001. (Dr. M.T.Kattimani, Deputy Librarian).
Honors and Awards
- e-INDIA "Best ICT Enabled University of the Year" Jury Award for Excellence in ICT and Innovative endeavors made in integrating the Technology in Digital Learning – Education. 7th e-India Summit, 15th December 2011.
- Dr Suresh Jange, Deputy Librarian received Best Academic Librarian Award 2010-2011 - Government of Karnataka
- Dr. R.B.Gaddagimath, University Librarian received Best Academic Librarian Award 2009-10 - Government of Karnataka
- Gulbarga University Library received Dr. Padhya Best University Library Award instituted by the Indian Library Association (ILA), New Delhi, Dec. 2007.
- Dr. R.B.Gaddagimath, University Librarian received Vijay Shree Award for outstanding Services, Achievements and Contributions instituted by India International Friendship Society, New Delhi, 2005.
- Dr. Amruth Sherikar, Deputy Librarian received Sir Ratan Tata Fellowship for paper presentation at American Society for Information Science & Technology, Austin, Texas, USA; Nov. 2006.
- Dr. Suresh Jange received IFLA-ALP (International Federation of Library Associations) Fellowship Award for Advanced Learner Training in Victoria University, Wellington, New Zealand, 2007.
- Shri Khemanna Aldi, Assistant Librarian received "Ramakka Padmakka outstanding Young Professional in University Library" award instituted by Karnataka State Library Association, Bangalore (2000-01).
- Shri G. Ramaiah, Library Assistant received Karnataka Rajya Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Ratna Prashasti (2008)
- Dr. R.B.Gaddagimath, University Librarian was invited to be the Director of 5th International Conference CALIBER - 2007, Punjab University, Chandigarh and also has received many awards, honors and recognition for contributions in the Library and Information Science field.
|Sl. No.||Particulars||No. of Books/ Journals||Amount||Total Books/Journals
subscribed as on 31-03-2013
|1.||Books procured during 2012-13 under Plan, Non-Plan and UGC heads of expenditure||3274||23,82,464=00||2,27,831 + Reports, back-volumes, microfilm, microfiche and other non-book materials|
|2.||Journals/ Serials subscribed during 2012-13 under non-plan head of expenditure||654 + 7,500 e-journals||18,46,691=00||654